Hunting season has started and it doesn't hurt to review the 10 Commandments of Safety.
1. Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
2. Guns should be unloaded when not actually in use.
3. Don't rely on your gun's "safety". Treat every gun as if it can fire at any time.
4. Be sure of your target and what's beyond it. Once you pull the trigger you can't stop it.
5. Always use the correct ammunition.
6. If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, handle with care.
7. Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
8. Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting.
9. Don't alter or modify your gun and have guns serviced regularly.
10. Lean the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using.
A Final Thought: There's one other rule you must follow when handling firearms. In fact, respect to this rule is necessary in order to effectively practice the ten commandments of safety. The rule is: shoot sober!!!!